JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell others about Christ

2 posters

Go down

Tell others about Christ Empty Tell others about Christ

Post by Admin Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:28 am

Tell others about Christ

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (1 Corinthians 9:16)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)

And how can we do it? Give comment:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

Tell others about Christ Empty Evangelism. Don't re-invent the wheel. Think out of the box.

Post by John Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 pm

[Mark 16:15 KJV] "And he (Jesus) said unto them, 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

[Matthew 10:16 KJV] "Behold, I (Jesus) send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

[1 Corinthians 12:20 KJV] "But now are they many members, yet but one body."

As a Christian, every single one of us is called to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a pastor once told his congregation, "Look to the person next to you, smile and say, 'Hello, Preacher!"

Each one of us is created by God as a unique individual, with abilities and gifts different from anyone else. So why do we try to do everything the same way, as if we are 'cookie-cutter' Christians? I come from an area where fundamental Christian churches abound. Thirty to sixty years ago, there was a boom in churches being built, revivals, and attendance. Now, those of that generation still are found in attendance, but the ranks are fewer as one by one, they grow old and pass on. But what of the younger people? Some churches have worshipped for all those years the same way; some don't have many young people, yet many do. But those who do usually have family members born into the church, filling the ranks from within. And this is good! But is it true evangelism?

I've also noticed a different set of churches have sprung up in the last ten to fifteen years. Their numbers in attendance are 5 to 20 fold of what I've seen before. Why the difference in numbers? Because the gospel of Jesus Christ is preached in their congregations with an equally valid but different style of worship, one tailored to a newer generation. Both the elder and younger churches are serving God; as it should be. But I've noticed, in some areas, there is an unwillingness to tolerate any different form of Christian worship because "it's not what we do!" Brothers and sisters, we all serve one God, one Messiah, one Holy Spirit! We are supposed to be one body with different members. "If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?" [1 Corinthians 12:16 KJV] Each has a different but necessary function to contribute to the sucess of the whole body!

Let us share the Word of God in new, unique, complimentary ways! Let us not be copy-cats! We need Christian cooperation, not competition. What does it profit God to start up a ministry or church just like the one down the street that has 100 members, only to split it to 50-50? I actually had a guy try to steal me away from my church to go to his church even after I told him God sent me to my church! God desires increase and that happens only if we stop pulling people out of another church to fill ours! "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" should never be a Christian motto. Increase happens when a new ministry draws in the unchurched -- those who don't yet know Jesus! That's evangelism!

You don't have to start a new church to start a ministry. Notice our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 25:14-30 there was a reward for the two productive servants, but the one who squandered and only maintained his talent was cast out. Jesus is teaching us: be productive! Also, the servant with only two talents got the same reward as the one with five talents. Take note of that. It doesn't matter if you are great or small; what matters is that you are producing good fruit with what you have!

You don't have to have a monumental ministry to serve God. "And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward." [Matthew 10:42 NKJV]

Let me give you a little of my testimony. In the last half of 2007, God changed my life with a series of miracles to provide for the start of God's ministry in me! The Lord cleaned me up, then lifted me up! After a terrible time of near fatal illness for both my wife and father, my life was chained down. Yet I felt the unction of the Holy Spirit in me. I yerned to begin ministry and I declared to my wife, "I don't know how, but by the grace of God, I'm going to go out and find a computer!" After all our turmoil, I was without even ten dollars! But worse, at that time, I felt completely fruitless. To change my situation, so I could serve Jesus the way I was called to do, I needed a miracle -- and it happened! I went to my church to help clean it up. At the exact moment I arrived, the administrator started to pull a computer out of a room. He was headed to the trash. But he stopped, as if someone halted him, looked at me, and asked, "John, could you use a computer? This one's old. We're replacing it. But if you want it...." Stunned and amazed, I nodded emphatically and said, "Yes! YES!" The administrator looked over to the pastor and asked, "Is it OK with you, pastor?" The pastor nodded. And it was done! I never imagined to return to my wife with a computer in hand that very day, but because I had spoken forth in faith, in the name of Jesus, the door to heaven opened immediately as the Holy Spirit directed! Isn't God wonderful!?! My computer may be old and cranky (it likes to take time off at inconvenient moments), but it's a God-send to me!

I immediately thought of ways to put this computer to work! With patience, opportunities presented themselves! I started out by making a profile and talking to people; first on "hi5" and then I received an invitation to come here to JESUS.forumotion.com! (Thanks, Sigve!) But along the way, we must use good discernment. I've had a few ladies proposition me at hi5! LOL! I had to gently, but clearly, assert firm boundaries. "Sorry. Married Christian!"

Have there been set-backs and unintended consequences? Yes. My father passed away in late January 2008. Hinderances have arose. But I take great confort to know what this really means in the spiritual realm. Jesus Christ told us, "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me." [Matthew 10:38 NKJV] Jesus is Lord, sitting at the right hand of power, and Jehovah God still sits on the throne in Heaven! I've learned from my hardships and my mistakes along the way, repented, and knew better the next time around! The only guy who never makes a mistake is the guy who never does anything! And each time, I'm refined and strengthened! At the same time, we must stick tight to our Christian principles while serving the Lord in our own, unique way! "Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain...." [Psalms 127:1 KJV; also see Matthew 7:24-27] And remember: never travel alone. Not even on the internet! Have Jesus sit with you as you surf the web. Jesus said He would "sup" with us, didn't He? [Revelation 3:20] There is good reason why Jesus sent His disciples always by two or more. If one gets in trouble, there is a friend ready to help! Only one time did Jesus dispatch a single man: Judas Iscariot, from the Last Supper. And look at what happened! (Jesus did it that way because the prophesy in the Holy Scripture must be fullfilled.) An isolated person is easy prey!

JESUS.forumotion.com is a good place to learn of new cultures, people, and styles -- but we operate under one God, one Savior, one Holy Spirit, one Bible! I give all the glory to God! I am now blessed of God with spiritual growth and resources I could only hope for a mere half-year ago! Whatever God has called you to do, where ever the Holy Spirit leads you, do it in spirit and truth! God loves integrity! [please see John 4:23-24, 15:26; Ephesians 5:9; 1 Peter 1:22-23; 1 John 4:6-13; Matthew 7:7-8; Mark 9:38-41] And love your fellow Christians, even if they're different!
John
John

Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Astronomy, Chess, Walks in God's creation
Humor : Good, Clean Jokes!
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Tell others about Christ Empty Re: Tell others about Christ

Post by Admin Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:19 am

Thanks again for this word Brother John

Sigve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

Tell others about Christ Empty Re: Tell others about Christ

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum