JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born again Being Born again = being BAPTIZED

Go down

Born again     Being Born again = being BAPTIZED Empty Born again Being Born again = being BAPTIZED

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:38 am

This is a discussion about born again.Reply a comment if you want.

------
I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again

-------------Jesus Christ-------------

Amen this is true
-------------------

yeah, u are right.. thank yu for tellig us the truth!!!God bless you.. keep on reachin others for Christ!!!

--------------------
The majority of Christians do not believe in works of grace or what some people call 'being born again.' The Roman Catholics, the Orthodox, the Lutherns, the Anglicans, the Methodists, the Presbyterians, the Quakers, the Amish, the Mennonites, the Hugenots, the Baptists, all do not believe in being born again.

----------------

The majority of Christians do not believe in works of grace or what some people call 'being born again.' The Roman Catholics, the Orthodox, the Lutherns, the Anglicans, the Methodists, the Presbyterians, the Quakers, the Amish, the Mennonites, the Hugenots, the Baptists, all do not believe in being born again.

------------------------

What's your point Helen it is written as Javier said no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.

------------

ya u tell her lol

---------
This are the words of Jesus, Helen... Either you believe in what Jesus said, or you don't

------------------------------
I take it that you have not been born again; how sad!

---------

Really,I am Baptist, and all Baptist churches I know, believe in being born again!

Being Born again = being BAPTIZED according to Orthodox Church.Baptism is one of the 7 SACRAMENTS.No one can take part in any Orthodox Sacrament unless he is baptized.

So Orthodox church believe in this , being born again by water & spirit.
------------------------------

Being born again is not the same as being baptized; being born again is being born of God's Spirit. This is what happens when you receive Jesus as YOUR Saviour. As the bible says, "to as many as RECEIVED Him, to them He gave the right to be the offspring (literally, 'born ones') of God, to those who believe in His name; who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)
------------------------
Being born again is not the same as being baptized; being born again is being born of God's Spirit. This is what happens when you receive Jesus as YOUR Saviour. As the bible says, "to as many as RECEIVED Him, to them He gave the right to be the offspring (literally, 'born ones') of God, to those who believe in His name; who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)

-------------------

Hey , isn't being born again means receiving the Holy Spirit , being born of water & spirit ?
+
--------------

"3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." ( John 3)

-------------------
What bible are you reading..my sister

--------------

I agree 100% . Being born again means receiving the Holy Spirit through baptism and baptism is one of the 7 holy sacraments.
-------------------------------
yes, I agree that the Baptists believe in being born again through baptism but they do not believe in a separate work of grace outside baptism.
------------------------
Busani, I am reading the King James version, the one that was compiled and printed by my church so, without my church which does not believe in a separate work of grace, you would not have a Bible to read.
--------------------------

I agree 100% with Snow. Being born again means receiving the Holy Spirit through baptism and baptism is one of the 7 holy sacraments.
-------------------------
yes, I agree that the Baptists believe in being born again through baptism but they do not believe in a separate work of grace outside baptism.
-----------------------
Busani, I am reading the King James version, the one that was compiled and printed by my church so, without my church which does not believe in a separate work of grace, you would not have a Bible to read.

----------------
If one believes that Jesus Christ is their savior and they are baptized. They are born again.

-----------------------
"Born again" is not brought about by baptism, so the baptists do not believe this. Please explain what you mean by "separate work of grace.."
---------------------------

Lawrence, I consider the fact that you don't know what this "separate work of grace" is a good thing and illustrates my point perfectly that Baptists do not believe in this theology. Baptists believe, for the most part, that baptism is an outward sign of the inward acceptance of salvation through Christ's death.
This idea of being saved belongs only to those groups of Christians who we generally call fundamentalist, evangelical, born again Christians. They believe that, when a person believes in Christ as their savior, they go through some sort of radical transformation and receive the gifts of the spirit, much like the flames of fire on the day of Pentecost. They do not believe that a person can accept Christ without these outward signs which they also believe they can see and measure. For them, there is no such thing as being born in the church, believing in Christ all of their lives, and being baptised. One thing I can never understand about them is why they bother to teach children any religion at all and yet they have large sunday schools and youth groups.

---------------------

Lawrence, I consider the fact that you don't know what this "separate work of grace" is a good thing and illustrates my point perfectly that Baptists do not believe in this theology. Baptists believe, for the most part, that baptism is an outward sign of the inward acceptance of salvation through Christ's death.
This idea of being saved belongs only to those groups of Christians who we generally call fundamentalist, evangelical, born again Christians. They believe that, when a person believes in Christ as their savior, they go through some sort of radical transformation and receive the gifts of the spirit, much like the flames of fire on the day of Pentecost. They do not believe that a person can accept Christ without these outward signs which they also believe they can see and measure. For them, there is no such thing as being born in the church, believing in Christ all of their lives, and being baptised. One thing I can never understand about them is why they bother to teach children any religion at all and yet they have large sunday schools and youth groups.
----------------------------

according to the understanding of the early Christians (1st, 2nd and 3rd century Christians) born of water and Spirit is baptism and brought about at the time of baptism. This is what I believe, the Orthodox belief
-----------------------

, he i'm so happy with the information u posted Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy God bless u Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum