JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SALVATION

Go down

SALVATION Empty SALVATION

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 pm

The Lord knocking on the door of our heart - young Buddhist meets Jesus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For 15 years, I lived without Jesus Christ in my life. I was
a Buddhist. My family was Buddhist, and I remained so until december
29, 2002. I went on a retreat with my church up to yhe mountains to Oak
Glen. I didn't think too much of it. I thought it'd just be another one
of those trips up the mountians like band camp and whatnot. I was very
wrong. Smile

For a while now, I've known that the Bible was true. There was too much
proof for it not to be true. I just didn't want to turn, though. I
didn't want to feel like I was betraying my family. I just remained
Buddhist and believed that it was true that Jesus did come to Earth.

One the third night, I was truly lost. The night before, I confessed it
all to my small group leader. She prayed for me, so that I may know the
Lord because I really did want to. Our speaker was so motivating, too.
He asked all of us who accepted Christ for the first time to stand up
and go up to the stage. I didn't know what to do. I was torn between
both religions. I began to cry, and our speaker said that if our hearts
our pounding, it was the Lord knocking on the door of our heart. I cried
even more. I stayed in my seat. My entire small group had noticed at
this point. My small group leader gave me her hand and led me up. I kept
on crying, and I noticed she had started crying, too.

After we went up, the speaker called us to a hallway, where he would
talk to us even more. I still had not stopped crying, yet, but I calmed
down a good deal. When he finished talking to us, I saw that my youth
pastor had opened the door for us to go back into the gym with the rest
of the group. We hugged for a good minute or so. I kept crying, and I
was a little sad because I strayed from the religiong I knew for so long.
However, I know now that I gained relationship.

I was sad until I talked to my youth pastor more. I returned to my
small group for the rest of our meeting time, and we all shared our RYCE
experience. I realized that I felt really happy and lighter inside. At
that point I knew that the Holy Spirit was within me, and that I would
never be alone again.

My pastor wants me to get baptized this Easter, but that's a huge step,
and I don't know if I'm ready. Hopefully I will soon, though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty A Jewish man meets Jesus.

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 pm

A Jewish man meets Jesus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The words of Jesus Himself, His uncompromising posture, His upright justice, His modesty and His sacrificial love spoke into my heart as the irresistible hallmarks of the One and Only God of Israel.

I couldn't stop falling in love with Him.

Paul Smethurst, the Christian from high-school six years earlier. He had immigrated to London but happened to be in Johannesburg.

We met and he gently lead me to the Lord. He had been praying for me for those six years!!

But the next day Paul flew back to London and I still didn't know if I could be Jewish and believe in Jesus. That evening was a Friday night, the customary time for me to spend with God. At dusk I strolled toward the local Rosebank Union Church looking for a quiet place to sit down and pray. The sanctuary was dark and empty and I took a seat in the back pew. I became aware of music playing and I went to see who was there. Unknowingly, I had stumbled upon the Jews for Jesus Friday-night service. It was Passover time and there was a beautiful Christ in the Passover presentation. As a Jew, to be shown the links between Jesus and the Passover of the Old Testament not only had the tears streaming down my face, but left me with the solid confirmation that believing in Jesus was the most Jewish thing that I could ever do.

That was my first encounter with the ministry of Jews for Jesus. Almost 4 years have passed now. I went back to university and finished the degree that I dropped out of. Drugs and destitution are behind me. I have found the Bible to be the most amazing book ever written and the Lord has been faithful to keep me through thick and thin. He is the best friend I ever had, or ever will have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty 12,000 JEWS IN UKRAINE RECEIVE JESUS AS LORD

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:01 pm

12,000 JEWS IN UKRAINE RECEIVE JESUS AS LORD

I just got off the phone with Michael, who has recently been travelling in Russia as a missionary. He said that last year, at a meeting in Odessa in the Ukraine, 6,000 Jews came to the Lord in one night, and over a period of three evenings of meetings, 12,000 Jewish people became Christians. There was also a multitude of Ukrainians who came to the Lord. Jonathan, head of Hear O Israel ministries, was the one who was ministering there at a huge stadium, which was almost filled to capacity (20,000 people) every night. Also ministering there in smaller meetings was Jim of Metro Vineyard in Kansas City, where there were many of the manifestations we've seen associated with the Toronto Blessing, including Holy Laughter, falling under the power of God, and drunkenness in the Spirit.
Since that time, Michael, has seen some of these phenomena in other parts of the former Soviet Union, including Pavlovo in central Russia, where he was leading a group of young people in the sinners' prayer, and one started laughing, and soon many, or most of them were laughing under the influence of the Spirit.

Michael is planning to go to Budapest, Hungary, next year, where there are about 80,000 Jewish people. He has a real burden for the Jewish people, and he feels that now is the time that the Lord is removing the veil before their eyes with respect to the fact the Jesus is their Messiah.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty Muslim discovers the the Love of Jesus and is converted

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Muslim discovers the the Love of Jesus and is converted

I was born and raised in a Javanese family, fully Islamic way in Jakarta, Indonesia. When I became a teenager, I studied about Islamic teachings in my academic education. Islam has many adherents in Java, where I have lived all my life. I prayed five times to "Allah" (deceptively known as God Almighty) almost every day, and received religious moral education in Islam with great eagerness. I read the Quran regularly and memorised all of the prescribed ritualistic prayers. I tried to obey "Allah" as faithfully as prophet Muhammad did.

After my formal academic education, I worked for few commercial business companies and even had a colleague who claimed to be a Christian but I detested the way her life as a Christian. Many questions arose and I was not satisfied with my life as well as stumped by the economic crisis in Indonesia. I began to search for the true answers to the questions of life in my heart. My next door neighbours in Jakarta Pusat district are caring Christians but I was a little apprehensive to ask about the Christian faith amd teachings. Whenever I passed an old church building on my way home, I wondered what kind of diety the Christians worship.

In the year 2000AD a tourist named "Sam" from Singapore visited the shop at the Jakarta International Airport where I worked. He had a warm and genuine smile that radiated an undeniable inner peace. Well, initially he seemed to be more interested to talk to my colleagues than me. Sigh...after that brief encounter with this radiant tourist, I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, I could not shake the image of his kind and happy face from my mind. I knew that he had something in his life that I didn't have. To my surprise I was later introduced to him by my colleague and we began our courtship. Sam and I fell in love and he shared with me from the Bible: "Jesus said, `I am the way - and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6). The claim that Christ is the only way made it very clear that the Bible teaches that every human being is a sinner, and yet God loves us and through Christ he can forgive and save us. There was so much I ! did not understand about Jesus.

I read that "the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23), but I did not know what it meant. Sam shared with me that his joy came from trusting in Jesus as his Saviour and Lord. He not only told me about God's holiness, he also told me about God's love. When he told me that God demonstrated His love by coming in the person of Jesus Christ to give His life on the cross for our sins, I was amazed. I had never heard anything like that before. It was wonderful, even overwhelming, to think that God is like that and that by trusting in Jesus Christ one could have all of his sins forgiven. Now I could begin to understand why a true Christian had so much joy and peace even in the midst of troubles. A Christian did not need to fear the judgment of God. He had his sins forgiven because Jesus Christ took all those sins on Himself when he died on the cross so that we need not face the judgement seat of God once anymore. God is so good!

I wondered if all of this could be true. I thought about it very much - then I told Sam I wanted Jesus to come into my life because he was a real friend, and his sincere love for me touched me very much. That same day, I accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour though I was a little unsure of God's great love. When I came to New Creation Church in December I was more impressed by what I heard from God's message by Senior Pastor Joseph Prince. What touched me most of all was the attitude of the Christians in church. The first time I stepped into the Rock auditorium at Suntec City, I sensed a tremendous attack on my tummy. I nauseated and I was surrounded by so many caring people. Christians laid hands on me to be healed in Jesus' name. Praise God. They were all so kind to me that I was astonished. It was difficult for me to believe that they would b! e that way with a person of "another religion", so I thought.

Sam showed such love and kindness to me and more too that I could not understand why. I continued to go to church with Sam because of the great joy and sincerity I saw in the people there and the Bible became a book of God's revelation to me. By God's grace in Sam's life I saw the love of Christ made real before my eyes. Sam demonstrated God's love towards me too. It was this and the wonderful message of God's love I heard at the church worship service that affected me most deeply. After my third Sunday attendance in church, I finally concluded that I MUST forsake my religion and put my entire trust in Christ Jesus as my Redeemer and Lord publicly. Pastor Joseph Prince invited those who wanted to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour. Without hesitation, I raised my hand way up high enough to catch the attention of Pastor Prince. It was the trning point of my life history.

It is impossible for me to describe the change that Jesus brought in my life when I turned from everything else and put my living faith in Him. I felt that a great burden had been removed from my heart. I experienced the same joy that other Christians had. It became a personal reality to me and no longer something I only saw and envied in others. Jesus said that He came that we might have life and have it in all of its fulness (John 10:10). Now I discovered what Jesus meant. He also gave His authority to overcome ill-health, to receive so much of God's blessings. Before I trusted in Jesus, I was frequently afraid of all kinds of consequences. After I believed in Jesus, I did not care what would happen and the things to come. Even though I had been a faithful Muslim for years, I never lost my fear of lonliness because Jesus is alway within me. I believed that Jesus Christ loved me so much, to die for my sins and conquered sin and death by His miracullous resurrection, the fear of what is to come is replaced by the love of God that "no weapon formed against me shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17) I also came to appreciate that my heavenly Father led me to know Sam because the Lord has something very special for me. His loving purpose for my life became my main motivation and goal. Sam and I were married in early January 2001 with limited income to live and the abundant life in Christ begun.

My heart had previously been dominated by fears and to be loved, but Christ cleansed me of these base and corrupt attitudes and replaced them with His blessed assurance and love. I found that I had a great desire to pray for my parents and siblings about the wonderful Savior who became my everlasting Hope. My father had told me to remain a faithful Muslim but I have my own choice in life and praise God He enabled me to make the right choice. Now, I would arise on Sunday morning with a deep desire to worship the Lord together with many others in church where the name of Jesus is glorified and honoured! Alleluia! My heavenly Father, God in heaven greatly loves me to send Jesus to die for me for He (Jesus) gave all for me - He overpaid the penalty of death for me (because of my sins) and Jesus is coming again soon for me and all who takes Him as their personal Saviour. I am convinced that no other endeavor in life could compare with that joyful calling. By the grace of! God, He rescued me and lifted me up. I am deeply loved, greatly blessed and highly favoured by God and that I have nothing to fear because of what Jesus had done on the cross. It is a glorious experience to have this certainty - to know that all of my sins are forgiven - past, presednt and future and God will not impute my sins against me (Romans 8:1-2)

Christ who died for our sins on the cross and rose from the dead. No other religion knows a God of love such as the God who is revealed in Jesus Christ. He loves sinners, not in the sense that he approves their sins but in the sense that He loves everyone though He does not love the evil things people do. And God's love is not just a matter of words, for the Bible says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:Cool.

In Islam I had no certainty and no peace. I was always in a state of anxiety and frustration. But in Christ I have assurance and rest in my heart. The most important thing to me is the love of Christ and the love he puts in the hearts of those who sincerely believe in Him and know him. True Christians love Muslims too. If anyone calls himself a Christian and hates anyone else, he is self-deceived, for he does not truly know Christ. The Bible warns against all of those who think that by persecuting and killing others they are doing God service (John 16:2).

When I came to Singapore and became a believer in Christ, Christ has taken care of me and so has my dear husband Sam. Since I came to know Jesus I have found that I have other brothers and sisters in Christ all around me - and many more all over the world via the internet. I left my parents, brother and sister, relatives and friends in Indonesia but God gave me a greater family in Singapore and in the kingdom of Jesus Christ. In fact, God gave me far more than I lost. In the gospel, a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written in Romans 1:17: "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, "He who through faith is righteous shall live." Jesus who sits at the right hand of God in heaven, is my righteousness before God, my heavenly Father. I am God's precious precious child now and I am greatly blessed in Christ Jesus. I hope my testimony will encourage all! to know that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. To God be the glory for all He had done for us by His grace. Amen!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty Hindu is converted after witness of two friends and reading

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Hindu is converted after witness of two friends and reading about miracles Jesus performed

It am staying in india in bangalore. Actually I was from a hindu family.I have two close friends who are christians. In the year 1991 I joined in a college along with these two friends. They both use to tell me about Jesus Christ but I use to oppose them and avoid them.

One day I was sitting in a library hall which has only spiritual books and magazines and I was in a sad mood because I have failed in one subject in my first year semister. I read a magazine which Jesus has done miracle to a person that day was the day god touched me. I slowly started believing Jesus Christ after that I faced many sorrows and at last I came to Jesus Christ and today I have surrendered myself to God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty CHINA REVIVAL - THE HARVEST IS SO GREAT! PRAYER FOR MORE WOR

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 pm

CHINA REVIVAL - THE HARVEST IS SO GREAT! PRAYER FOR MORE WORKERS!

Now there is a crisis in our church. The crisis is that so many new converts are coming in that we don't have enough workers. In Xinyang District in the period of one month the numbers of converts grew 10 fold. Previously there were a little over 1,000 believers, and after one month there were over 10,000 believers. We have had to send some workers from Fangcheng to teach these people.
Our ministry vision: The Bible says in The Gospel was preached around the world, and China was the last major nation to receive the Christian message in the last century only. Now we have been given the burden to continue to preach the Gospel through Central Asia, into Russia, throughout the Arab and Muslim world, and eventually to Jerusalem. Many have been called to such foreign missionary outreaches and we are anxious for the day we can do this.

However in the immediate future we plan to take the Gospel to every part of the nation of China. Now have workers in 20 provinces. We have 14 major teams, one with 78 people, and sub-teams under teams. There are many smaller teams of several workers only. All together we have several tens of thousands of workers somehow related to us. But we have had the 14 major teams and this past New Year we set up two new teams that are starting to operate in Shanxi Province. We get requests to set up leadership ministry teams all the time, but don't have the finances or sufficient trained workers now.

There are about 2,700 major cities and districts in China, and by the end of three years we plan to have a Gospel team of several preachers in each and every one of these locations. However we need your support to obtain this goal. We need at least 8,000 workers, and now have 3,000-4,000 trained workers. Therefore we need to train 4,000 more workers that this goal can be met. We must conduct more training sessions.

Our goal is to enter each province and district and first contact the house churches to preach on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, praise and worship. Everywhere we go they accept our message, for it is indeed the Word of God and present truth. We will then work with the local churches to evangelize the lost in their areas. We will reach them before the Mormons do.

The need for Bibles is desperate. Don't believe the Amity Foundation or Three-Self-Church Propaganda. Chinese don't believe them when they say they will provide Bibles for the Chinese. We have been lied to by them too much. After our Gospel Month, there have been so many conversions, that many still don't have any Bible or Testament. When we receive your Bibles, we distribute them to other provinces first, so our own people are denied the first choice of these precious books.

Please also pray for support for the travel expenses of our evangelists. It is 5 days and night to Xinjiang on the train, and tickets to any location in China are so expensive. Our people tithe, but the tithe is not enough to meet these expenses. In addition to support of evangelists, we use funds given us to help the families of those in prison, families with too many children which are persecuted by the government and those who have other special needs. We cannot officially run an orphanage, but we take in children and give them to Christians to raise that they may serve the Lord. These children must be sent to school, which costs money, otherwise they will grow up without an education or culture, and it will hinder their Christian testimony.

We also are starting works in many of the larger cities. We have a church in Zhengzhou that is growing, however the preacher we sent there was arrested two weeks ago and is still in prison. Even so, we know that many in the army and government are converting to Christ. This includes many judges, lawyers, military men, teachers, intellectuals, businessmen, students, etc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty The Perfect Christian?

Post by Admin Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:09 pm

The Perfect Christian?

I want to share my testimony. I want to share it for the
benefit of all, but especially for those who may think they are okay but
are going straight to hell. I want to speak to the constant church
goer, the one with their name on the church role, and the perfect
Christian. You see I used to be that way. Not perfect, to say the least, but I
sat in church pews, got dunked in water, and said prayers in sunday
school with the best of them. But one night at revival, the Lord began to
beat on the door of my heart like so many times before. I had
professed to know Him a few years before, but I had no understanding of who He
was or what my rebellion and breaking of His law had cost. But I had
went on, pretending to be that Christian. I attended church pretty much
every time the door was open. But this night God seemed to be pressing
even harder on my heart. Pressing as if to say, this is the last time.
And fear flew all over me. I was gripping the pew so hard my
knuckles were white. Satan threw every excuse my way. What will
they think of you? They will know you were pretending. They will
criticize you. But I knew if I were to die, I would go to hell. I don't
remember exactly what the pastor said, but it was something along the lines
of this last verse is for you. So, I walked down. I admitted that
before I didn't know who Jesus was, but I wanted to. I knew I had done
wrong and broken God's laws so many times. I believed that Jesus came,
took my sin, died on the cross, and rose from the dead for me. There
was no lightening bolt. I was not instantly filled with knowledge, but I
knew He had answered. I knew He loved me. I knew the burden of hell
was no longer on my shoulders. After my baptism, I felt clean. I knew
my life had changed. Who I was had changed. Was I completely
different? Did my life get easier? Did I change automatically my life? No,
no there were many trials, many failures, and still many things I d
o not know. Many things God is still teaching me. But there is no
place I would rather be. Or no God I would rather serve ( even myself).
I discover almost daily a new way He proves His love for me. No matter
what I do, whether I stray or sacrifice myself, whether I misunderstand
or get new knowledge, whether I turn from Him in anger, or kneel before
Him in shame.. He is there for it all. He will never leave me. He will
never let me go. He has a plan for me, and He continues to amaze me
with His ways and with His love. And He will you, if you get real. See
how wicked and hopeless and condemned to hell you are. See what God
did in sending His Son to die so you wouldn't have to remain that way.
And believe His Word, when He says if you confess Jesus as Lord( the
authority, the one in control)and believe(trust in a way that changes your
life)that God raised Him from the dead. You WILL BE SAVED. Once and for
eternity. He loved you enough to even let you choose.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SALVATION Empty Re: SALVATION

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum