JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus?

Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus?

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am

Whas Jesus just a man who walk ont the ground for 2000 y ago?

Many people ask this question,and wonder.. but,can we have a "key" many people dont think about?

He was a Carpenter? up to he was 30...and he became a religious teacher.

Jesus explains his purpose

Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, in the south of Palestine. He grew up in a very ordinary town, named Nazareth, located in Galilee which was in the north of Palestine. Jesus was a carpenter, but at the age of 30, he became a religious teacher, moving from town to town.

In Luke 4:14-22, we read what happened when Jesus began teaching. He went to the synagogue, which was the local place of worship. Although he probably had no more religious education than the average Jewish man, people wanted to hear him. He was asked to speak at the synagogue in Nazareth.

Read Luke 4:14-22

What kinds of people had Jesus come to help? (4:18 )
What do you think this means?

What was he going to announce? (4:19 )
What does this mean?

What do you think the people in the synagogue understood when he said the words in verse 21?

What did you know about Jesus today ?

Can you tell us,what wee need to know more about "JESUS"?

Can you collect more information ,reply here,let us discuss it.

Admin

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty How can we be sure about the Bible accounts?

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 am

How can we be sure about the Bible accounts?

In the days of the first Christians, there were many writings about the life of Jesus. But some had special quality--they had been written by Jesus' followers or their close friends. These gospels and letters were carefully copied by hand. Over the years, archaeologists have found thousands of manuscripts of bits of the New Testament and even some complete copies. By comparing these, we can get very close to what the New Testament writers originally wrote. Some of these copies are dated less than 100 years after the original gospel or letter was written.

For an idea of how good this evidence is, compare the New Testament with other writings that are about as old as the New Testament. For example, Julius Caesar wrote a book called The Gallic War about 50 years before Christ was born. We obviously do not have the original copy. Yet, we do have nine or ten copies, and the earliest of these was made about 900 years after the original. This is a typical gap for ancient writings.

When, however, we examine the historical evidence relating to the Bible, one learns that there are thousands of manuscripts of the New Testament books. Therefore, we have good reason to believe that we know almost exactly what Luke, Paul and the others wrote.
So? We can be sure : Immanuell was a carpenter who live in this time?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty FROM THE BIBLE

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 am

FROM THE BIBLE

Luke 1:26-38

In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end." "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God." "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty Baptism

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:55 am

Baptism
Baptism means (1) to be washed (2) to be buried (to be immersed) and in spiritual meaning, (3) to pass on sin by laying on of hands, as ministered in the Old Testament days.
In the New Testament, the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist was to wash away all the sins of the world. 'The baptism of Jesus' has the meaning of taking away the sins of all mankind, to wash away the sins of the world.
Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, the representative of all human beings and the High Priest of the lineage of Aaron, and took all the sins of the world upon Himself. This was the purpose of His baptism.
The spiritual meaning of the word 'baptism' is 'to pass on, to be buried.' So, "the baptism of Jesus" means that all sins were passed onto Jesus and that He was judged instead of us. In order to save mankind, Jesus had to take away our sins with His baptism and die for them.
Thus, His death is also the death of you and me, all the sinners of the world, and His resurrection is the resurrection of all people. His sacrifice is the salvation of sinners, and His baptism is the very witness to washing away all the sins of humankind.

The Bible tells us, "There is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism" (1 Peter 3:21). The baptism of Jesus is the righteous way of saving all humanity by washing away our sins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty "SAVIOR" 2 Samuel 22:3

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:04 am

2 Samuel 22:3
My God, my Rock, in Him will I take refuge; my Shield and the Horn of my salvation; my Stronghold and my Refuge, my Savior--You save me from violence.
2 Samuel 22:2-4 (in Context) 2 Samuel 22 (Whole Chapter)
2 Kings 13:5
Then the Lord gave Israel a savior [one to rescue and give them peace], so that they escaped from under the hand of the Syrians; and the Israelites dwelt in their tents or homes as before.
2 Kings 13:4-6 (in Context) 2 Kings 13 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 81:5
This He ordained in Joseph [the savior] for a testimony when He went out over the land of Egypt. The speech of One Whom I knew not did I hear [saying],
Psalm 81:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 81 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 106:21
They forgot God their Savior, Who had done such great things in Egypt,
Psalm 106:20-22 (in Context) Psalm 106 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 19:20
And it will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a savior, even a mighty one, and he will deliver them.
Isaiah 19:19-21 (in Context) Isaiah 19 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 43:3
For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt [to the Babylonians] for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba [a province of Ethiopia] in exchange [for your release].
Isaiah 43:2-4 (in Context) Isaiah 43 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.
Isaiah 43:10-12 (in Context) Isaiah 43 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 45:15
Truly You are a God Who hides Himself, O God of Israel, the Savior.
Isaiah 45:14-16 (in Context) Isaiah 45 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 45:21
Declare and bring forward your strong arguments [for praying to gods that cannot save]; yes, take counsel together. Who announced this [the rise of Cyrus and his conquests] beforehand (long ago)? [What god] declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, a rigidly and uncompromisingly just and righteous God and Savior; there is none besides Me.
Isaiah 45:20-22 (in Context) Isaiah 45 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 49:26
And I will make those who oppress you consume themselves [in mutually destructive wars], thus eating their own flesh; and they will be drunk with their own blood, as with sweet wine; and all flesh will know [with a knowledge grounded in personal experience] that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 49:25-26 (in Context) Isaiah 49 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 60:16
You shall suck the milk of the [Gentile] nations and shall suck the breast of kings; and you shall recognize and know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 60:15-17 (in Context) Isaiah 60 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 63:8
For He said, Surely they are My people, sons who will not lie [who will not deal falsely with Me]; and so He was to them a Savior [in all their distresses].
Isaiah 63:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 63 (Whole Chapter)
Jeremiah 14:8
O Hope of Israel, her Savior in time of trouble, why should You be like a sojourner in the land and like a wayfaring man who turns aside and spreads his tent to tarry [only] for a night?
Jeremiah 14:7-9 (in Context) Jeremiah 14 (Whole Chapter)
Daniel 6:27
He is a Savior and Deliverer, and He works signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth--He Who has delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
Daniel 6:26-28 (in Context) Daniel 6 (Whole Chapter)
Hosea 13:4
Yet I am the Lord your God from [the time you became a nation in] the land of Egypt, and you shall know or recognize no God but Me, for there is no Savior besides Me.
Hosea 13:3-5 (in Context) Hosea 13 (Whole Chapter)
Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:16-18 (in Context) Zephaniah 3 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus [the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua, which means Savior], for He will save His people from their sins [that is, prevent them from failing and missing the true end and scope of life, which is God].
Matthew 1:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 1 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 1:47
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
Luke 1:46-48 (in Context) Luke 1 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 2:11
For to you is born this day in the town of David a Savior, Who is Christ (the Messiah) the Lord!
Luke 2:10-12 (in Context) Luke 2 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 8:12
Those along the traveled road are the people who have heard; then the devil comes and carries away the message out of their hearts, that they may not believe ( acknowledge Me as their Savior and devote themselves to Me) and be saved [here and hereafter].
Luke 8:11-13 (in Context) Luke 8 (Whole Chapter)
John 4:42
And they told the woman, Now we no longer believe (trust, have faith) just because of what you said; for we have heard Him ourselves [personally], and we know that He truly is the Savior of the world, the Christ.
John 4:41-43 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 5:14
More and more there were being added to the Lord those who believed [those who acknowledged Jesus as their Savior and devoted themselves to Him joined and gathered with them], crowds both of men and of women,
Acts 5:13-15 (in Context) Acts 5 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 5:31
God exalted Him to His right hand to be Prince and Leader and Savior and Deliverer and Preserver, in order to grant repentance to Israel and to bestow forgiveness and release from sins.
Acts 5:30-32 (in Context) Acts 5 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 9:42
And this became known throughout all Joppa, and many came to believe on the Lord [to adhere to and trust in and rely on Him as the Christ and as their Savior].
Acts 9:41-43 (in Context) Acts 9 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 13:23
Of this man's descendants God has brought to Israel a Savior [in the person of Jesus], according to His promise.
Acts 13:22-24 (in Context) Acts 13 (Whole Chapter)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty MORE FACTS ABOUT "JESUS" -Emmanuel is the Messiah

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Christian usage

Christian belief holds that the Emmanuel is the Messiah foretold in the other prophecies of Isaiah. In Isaiah 8:8, Palestine is called the land of Emmanuel, though in other passage it is termed the land or the inheritance of Yahweh,[1] so that Emmanuel and Yahweh are identified. Again, in the Hebrew text of Isaias 8:9-10, the Prophet predicts the futility of all the enemies' schemes against Palestine, because of Emmanuel. In 9:6-7, the characteristics of the child Emmanuel are so clearly described for Christians that they do not doubt his Messianic mission. The eleventh chapter pictures the Messianic blessings which the child Emmanuel will bring upon the earth. Moreover, St Matthew (1:23) expressly identifies the Emmanuel with Jesus the Messiah, and Christian tradition has constantly taught the same doctrine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the Way the Truth...

Post by Admin Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:00 am

What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the Way the Truth and the Light'?

Answer ?

Well, I know what we meant when he said we were the light. He was saying that we should share our knowledge of god with others and we are a blessing to others.

Answer?

I am the Way - Jesus is the only way to salvation.

The Truth - Everything Jesus says and does is the truth because it comes from the Father.

The Light - Jesus shined in a dark and dismal world full of sin and no hope. Jesus and all Christians shine their light to expose the truth amidst the darkness of lies and sin in the world and act as a beacon of hope for those who might believe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus? Empty Re: WHO WAS JESUS? Who is Jesus?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum