JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icelandic pop star Bjork added "Tibet,

Go down

Icelandic pop star Bjork added "Tibet, Empty Icelandic pop star Bjork added "Tibet,

Post by Admin Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:59 am

Icelandic pop star Bjork added "Tibet, Tibet" to her popular song "Declare Independence" during her concert in Shanghai on Sunday. Click here to watch the Guardian's video footage of her inspiring performance.

Bjork's actions have been widely covered in the media, and yesterday she included the following message in a statement on her website:

"i am first and last a musician and as such i feel my duty to try to express the whole range of human emotions. the urge for declaring independence is just one of them but an important one". Click here to read her full statement.

Bjork's message to the audience in Shanghai was simple yet profound and powerful - the controversy and discussion it has ignited around the world is what threatens the Chinese Government more than anything. They are afraid of the inspiration and courage that she represents to thousands of young Tibetans, their supporters, and Chinese dissidents who believe in justice and freedom for all - and who will ultimately be a force for change in Tibet and in China.

Please take a moment to post a message of appreciation to Bjork on her MySpace page or website http://bjork.com/unity (note: you have to register in the top left hand corner). You can also email her a message of thanks to: bjork@studentsforafreetibet.org.

If there was ever a time for high-profile artists and celebrities to stand in solidarity with the Tibetan people's struggle for freedom, it is now. By speaking out in support of Bjork's actions, we can encourage others to speak out for Tibet at this pivotal time.

冰岛歌后比约克上海演唱高呼西藏

比约克在上海演唱变成政治事件
冰岛流行歌手比约克(Bjork)在中国举行演唱会时高呼西藏,引发民众猛烈批评。
比约克星期天(3月2日)晚间在上海举行的演唱会将近尾声时,献唱《宣布独立》(Declare Independence)一曲时,突然高喊“西藏!西藏”。

这首歌曲内容是谴责殖民主义者,呼吁殖民地宣布独立。

在上海居住的英国籍教师高尔观看了演唱会,他说比约克作出这个政治敏感的举动后,现场气氛马上变得很怪异。

高尔说,观众们都赶紧离开举行这次演唱会的上海国际体操中心。

中国媒体都没有报道这件事情,但是比约克的行为在许多互联网论坛上引起了激辩。

在天涯社区论坛上,有网民说现场似乎没多少人听懂。但更多人对比约克的行为提出了批评。

有人指出好莱坞明星布拉德•皮特因为曾拍摄电影《西藏七年》而被永远禁止踏足中国,警告比约克也可能遭到同样待遇。

一位网民写道:“当时现场一唱完,她立即就溜走了,光速消失,想来是准备好了的。”

另一位网民说:“以后国家可能对外国艺人的演出,监控的会更厉害了。害人不浅!”

美联社曾接触为这场演唱会宣传的爱玛特玛捷票务公司,他们的职员表示不作评论。

政治敏感

比约克曾经在不同场合演唱《宣布独立》一曲表达对不同政治事件的态度。上月她在日本东京演唱的时候,就说把这首曲献给刚刚宣布独立的科索沃。

她在这首歌的音乐录像中也穿上了有格陵兰和法罗群岛旗帜的外套。这两处都是丹麦在北大西洋靠近北极圈的属地。

中国一直认为西藏是中国领土,反对“藏独”活动。但是西藏独立的运动多年来一直相当活跃。不少西藏人视流亡海外的达赖喇嘛为他们的合法领袖。

中国对于任何被视为支持西藏独立的言论和动作,一般都会作出非常严厉的批评和行动。此前德国总理默克尔在柏林官邸接见了达赖喇嘛,使中德关系陷入低潮。

This is my E-mail ID if you have any question about this. potala200@yahoo.cn

Thank you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down