JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians

Go down

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians Empty If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:32 am

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians?

By Christian, I mean true Christian, not the fake part-time meaning people assign to us.

--------------------

i am not a christian i can NOt reply you this question Smile
---------

i thought you were?

----------------

WEll ed..i am nOt..but i do Bolieve in Jesus as My Messiah and accept His death on the cross..Jesus didnt call Himself a Christian in His time and neither will I.
The so called christians have done many many bad things in their times especially when they molested little boys and yet attended mass and prayers it makes me sick ..so no i dont want to callmyself christian becasue they have a very bad name ,reputation and at the same time Shamed Our Messiah Jesus ..it trully saddens me thinking about it..
but ya!!..

-----------------------------

The reason why there are so "few christians" is because this world of Satan's is almost up....He is speeding along with his demons spreading gospel lies, wars, hatred etc etc etc. Many people don't care anymore. Remember in the scrip-tures it says (2 Tim. 3:1-7)
But know this, that in the last days critical times will be hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up (with pride), lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power, and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

There....that is why there are so few christians. TRUE Christians!! I am sure that everyone here is at least one of the above mentioned...No I am not judging just telling facts. Thanks for the discussion . Love and respect..
-------------------------

interesting...So what do you call yourself either you are a Christian or not a Christian.....Forget everyone else can you do justice to the Christian name?
----------------

The so called christians have done many many bad things in their times especially when they molested little boys and yet attended mass and prayers it makes me sick

those under the banner of Catholicism did that, not Christian if that helps. Also, I was thinking the same thing as Crystal, can you do justice to the name?

---------------------------

catholics call themselves christians they follow Christ dont they>??
---------------------------------

Those whom you blamed to be doing bad are not chrisitan they are called false teachers and preachers and not all christian are like that,foxy we dont have the right to judge others as christ said if we judge others than God may jugdge you remember that.The followers of christ are called christians remeber that.
Posted by rexstar
foxy those whom you blamed to be doing bad are not chrisitan they are called false teachers and preachers and not all christian are like that,foxy we dont have the right to judge others as christ said if we judge others than God may jugdge you remember that.The followers of christ are called christians remeber that.

catholics as i know about them they pray to christ but they go through marry.

I am from a pentecoastal backgroud we all have some differnces but we all worship jesus.
--------------------

Mormens are cults and jehovahs witness dont believe that jesus is the son of God.And there are other cult groups but i dont think catholics are.
--------------------

Christianity is great, it is to follow the example of the Christ Jesus. Anything that doesn't reflect His character is not Christian. God said in Revelation 3:15-16 that you either be hot or cold for God, and if you are between you are no good to God at all. The reason there seem to be so few quote "true Christians" is because there is a false belief that a Christian can claim Jesus as savior and not change their lifestyle. To live like Christ is hard because it involves change of one's natural/sinful behavior. To sin is easy, to do what is right is the challenge. This doesn't mean we won't make mistakes, but we should repent to Jesus who covers our sins, and try to move on(or get help from a trusted friend in the faith) and not run in circles with the same sin. God cannot use us to our full potential when we are middle of the road believers. We cannot reach the world if we reflect the world's behavior.

The best way to stay on track and focused is to input the right things into your life like Christian/Positive music, reading the Bible, watching what we look at, Praying and fellowship with other believers. I found that doing as much as these things daily, makes it easier to do the right thing and better hear God's voice. Christians tend to get lazy and don't do anything I mentioned above and therefore creates the lukewarm Christian. Psalms Chp 1 tells us those who don't associate with the wrong crowd and delights in God's ways will prosper!

Hope this blesses someone!
--------------------------

Our main forcus should be jesus and not people and if we look at people we wont grow.we should be humble as chrsitians cause jesus said love your naigbour as yourself. Jesus said the greatest in the kingdom of God is that person who serves others and not getting served.
Posted by rexstar
Our main forcus should be jesus and not people and if we look at people we wont grow.we should be humble as chrsitians cause jesus said love your naigbour as yourself. Jesus said the greatest in the kingdom of God is that person who serves others and not getting served.

i was just stating some facts not judgin at all:)

=== Original Message ===
foxy those whom you blamed to be doing bad are not chrisitan they are called false teachers and preachers and not all christian are like that,foxy we dont have the right to judge others as christ said if we judge others than God may jugdge you remember that.The followers of christ are called christians remeber that.

----------------

well in the bible it clearlys says that branches that wont bear fruit will be cut of from the kingdom.as christians we got to follow the bible and be in obeidience thats all,and do good on to others.

-----------

yeah its happening i would like to share about false prophets.

nop i am not a christian....I am a child of God .. Smile ..and Follow The Messiah and His ways ..why the nametag is important i dont get it..

=== Original Message ===
interesting...So what do you call yourself either you are a Christian or not a Christian.....Forget everyone else can you do justice to the Christian name?

------------

nop i am not a christian....I am a child of God .. Smile ..and Follow The Messiah and His ways ..why the nametag is important i dont get it..

------

According to the Lord Jesus, there are "many" false prophets in our present day that will "deceive MANY people" (Mt. 24:11). Though these false prophets might claim to know and communicate God's truth, they are spreading lies (Jer. 14:14). According to the loving Lord Jesus, false prophets are really hungry, dangerous, ferocious wolves dressed in sheep's clothing (Mt. 7:15). Hence, they can be as spiritually deadly and dangerous to Christians (sheep -- Jn. 10:27) as a concealed, savage wolf is among a flock of sheep

-------------------

there are many bad people who call them selves christians but they work for the devil,A chrisitan would be a person who would obey all the commandment and if they break it by mistake would ask for forgivness and repent and wont make the same mistakes over and over,a true christian would crucify his flesh to work in the spirit of God.
I know that there are few real chrisitans left cause the bible said that many will come but few are chosen
--------------------

This is from a interest discussion,we hope you can give some comment and continue the discussion,invite some friend who can give comment.

DISCUSSION MORE ?POST REPLY

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians Empty christian or not,who can jugde

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 am

if people call them christian or not,who can jugde? Who can count them? I am agree with you,but not all.. cause you call you "family" and some in the family are bad,but still in your family.The christian family starting when you are born..you are born into a christian family .. so?
A famlily always help you to come back,forgive,dont tell you how bad you are,kritisize you....

That is one of the reason people go to the church,cause they have always do somthing "bad" and ask for forgiving.

This is the basic.. we are all in the same famlily "bad or good"..
Big brother,father,mother..

Some one want a new life and choice another "family",cause they feel they dont have a good "family"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians Empty Christians where is the limmit..

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am

I am born in Norway,and in a "Christian" family.But we "just" go to church when it was "nesseserry" babtist,funeral,easter,wedding,and some times more.. and you know many people do it like that..

........but also many "christian" will jugde me and my family ,why we dont go there every weekend/sunday + + ..

Today I live together with a lady from Africa,she are a strong beleaver,and she invite me to a "free church".

Its a big different,and we go there every sunday.Today I will not say I am a extreem christian,but I wonder where is
the border..

I think the answer is only inside my heart.. And its up to me how much I will work for it.

But my first thinking .. I have no reason to go around and jugde other people,they are not "christian" or god or bad christian.. only I will tell people my own testimonials,and invite them to "my" church
You know you have a "church" here,in the pizzaria,on the street..

This is something many christian people have forgot.. cause you dont need a church ( house building)

Cause the "church" is where 3 people meet to whorship God.

So today I know,when people dont come to the "church" on sunday,they can have a "church" home,and worship God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians Empty Re: If Christianity is so great, why are there so few Christians

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down